Fields & Frames - filming process



This was the main set up for my shots, with the photography studio's booked out, I wanted to invest in a photography box for better close up shots. This decision helped create the film, allowing me to really control my filming environment, enhancing the colours that I wanted to amplify. I kept a white background set-up as I felt it was the most clinical and clean looking, it also wouldn't detract from the colours in shot. 




On one side of the phtography box I used a warm light, and the other side a cool light, overhead I used my cool toned ringlight and LED. This helped get a nice balance of tone, allowing for very vibrant and clear shots.  

The props/items I used within shots, I wanted to have being very stark in contrast. For food I chose very artificial looking sweets, with bright reds and blues. The same can be said for the drink, I chose full fat, bright red cola, something thats both iconic and also bold. 




I worked with Nina Sayuri when composing and filming the shots, discussing the best ways to frame and also what we could use when conveying the message. A lot of the props we ended up using were items we owned and found in my room, I own a lot of pastel and 'cute' items and they ended up coming in handy to demonstrate feminity. 

The filming process itself went really smoothly, with all the shots being complete and ready for post-production by the end of the filming day. I was super stoked that it was completed so quickly as it left me more time to play around with editing. 

Comments

Popular Posts