Pro Tools - Avid finished studio edit


So this is the final edit for this hand in. Honestly, it's by no means my best or favorite piece of work but I wanted to just demonstrate skills for both myself and the hand in. I am pretty new to avid and I want to improve, so I used this hand in as a more practical skills task. 

The skills I used in creating this piece are: 
  • Setting up a new project and sequence 
  • Duplicating and unlinking media from the online shared system
  • Using in & out points to crop media
  • Using key shortcuts to import cut media into the timeline
  • Using title pro to create the opening title and clock information
  • Using title marque to create rolling credits
  • Removing audio from media on my timeline
  • Importing my own external media (audio) into avid
  • Using the colour correction effect to change the appearance of timeline media 
  • Changing the speed and duration of media 
  • Exporting media correctly to an external hard-drive

These are some of the skills and things I did to create my small edit, allowing me to learn skills through practical application. The whole editing process has helped me get far more acquainted with avid's user interface and has also made me more certain I want to pursue the avid certification exam. 

I had to return outside of the scheduled class time to finish and adjust my edit, meaning I had to problem solve without extra assistance. I wanted to trim down the credits as they were running too long, I had no clue how to do this and first attempted to figure it out via re-opening title marque. This was a fruitless effort as I seemingly couldn't adjust it there. Then I tried finding a speed/duration effect but there was none that could be applied to titles. I finally tried the most obvious answer, just cropping the clip down, which actually worked and allowed me to naturally speed up the credits without loss of content. 
I also had to add additional titles to the clock at the beginning as I completely forgot to do this before my first export. Luckily I was far more used to this and completed this extra task quickly. 

Overall the editing process was a learning curve and a refresher of our lessons from the last term but it was really good getting back to grips with the software and learning more. The edit itself is not my fave thing in the whole world, in fact as a video I don't think its all that great. But for me, the point of the handi n was a demonstration of the skills and application of what we learnt last term. 




Comments

Popular Posts