Portraits - Short practical project


So for this task, we had to test out taking images from the internet and creating a new art piece with a new meaning to it via photoshop. It could be surreal, Funny, realistic, or shock aesthetics. 


My images post editing 

I decided to go for surreal as I love experimenting with imagery and body modifications. I chose to do an underwater theme due to my love of the ocean but fear of wide empty spaces. I love the idea of the human body decaying or evolving whilst we are still alive. this pushed me to modify the body of a man to represent a blossoming coral reef. 

However, I also wanted to try and give more purpose to the photo, so I thought about how we can drown with regrets, we get trapped in a pool of regrets. I created this small shrine setting, the television condemning the man, with the photo of a father figure sitting on top. 

This overall took maybe an hour or so to finish, editing and creating the scene I wanted to show. I'm overall pretty pleased with my outcome and am fairly confident in my current photoshop abilities. 




Comments

Popular Posts